Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Let Them Eat CUPcakes!

It really is the little things...the simplest pleasures that make my day.




Cupcakes, for example.

Or my pets. My bed. Ice water. Ice cream. Soup. Smiles. Dimples. Sand between my toes. Clean linens. A great cuddler. Good conversation. Books. New words. Birds in flight. Rainy days and rubber boots. Leather boots.


Saturday night was not my idea of a good time. However, all horrid regrets about going to North Shore on Saturday night was overridden by my Sunday day/night. No need for explanation. But wow, I did not realize how much I missed it. The night was as close to perfect as it possibly could have been.

It's like that feeling when you think about a past moment and it makes you smile. That warm, fuzzy, my heartstrings are being pulled kind of feeling. Well, Sunday was definitely not the "awww!" type of moment; it was more of a "holy fuck!" type of day, that still makes you smile.

No comments: